Thursday 25 December 2008

Happy Christmas Everyone!

We have a very old fashioned Christmas in our house. The traditions of the family, whether from my parents, the artist's, or ones we have made up ourselves are written in stone and cannot be ignored.

1. No Christmas sweets to be opened before Christmas Eve.
2. Plenty of Crackers, that's vital (that's my one).
3. No washing machine action allowed on Christmas Day (me again).
4. Gifts are not as important as spending time together.
5. Christmas stockings are important however old you are.
6. Television to be restricted to a minimum.
7. We must make our own sausage rolls, mince pies and cheese straws but if short of time bought Christmas puddings and cakes are allowed.
8. We must have nuts even if we throw them away in February.
9. We must have fruit and try to eat it.

There are many more but you get the gist.

My mum always used to wash the kitchen floor last thing Christmas eve. I have decided that is a stupid idea, well I had last night. This morning I washed the floor at 6.30am, MAD!

And just one more thing. I'm really fed up that Father Christmas is the new Baby Jesus and presents are paramount. I may not go to church but I have a lovely relationship with god.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: